Sunday, October 5, 2008

Heros for Later

I asked my cousin what should I write about and she said, "Friendship Issues". So I looked at my title and I thought...hmm...How can I fit "Friendship Issues" into this. Then I realized....by Golly, it made perfect sense.


The world wishes to lie upon my shoulders, but I refuse to allow something so disgraceful and untasteful to happen! Normally I would love to be your "venting machine". Your mirror mirror on the wall, tell me all of your problems, and like a friend I will do my utmost to solve them. But not today!


Oh, if you dare lay one word into my ear about why you hate the love you keep going back to, the bad taste that you kiss, the awful personality that you flawnt on the streets, if you cry one more time to me about your misfortunes, your self inflicted pain. I will inflict the most horrific physical pain to your forehead. Tonight I just don't feel like soaking it in.

You see, friend, I have this problem going on in MY life, let me tell you what happened

-then you cut me off-

What?

You're too busy to listen...? Oh, you said you'll call me back...? um...okay.

Tick tock, tick tock. And the hour glass crumbles. But I'll shrug it off, n call you again tomorrow. But no, I won't bring up how you left me hanging. I won't mention how you love to vent to my ears but you refuse to listen to my fears. Because you're right...you have your own life too. My bad, you're right...you are misunderstood.

::sighs while I listen to you go on and on and accuse me of not being there for you when you need me the most::

Yes friend, and I'm sorry I am like everyone else...

I know you expected more of me...

Listen here, didn't I say I was sorry?!

No...I still can't afford to listen to your problems...you mean...you have more?!

::sighs::

Temper, temper, rising.

And I hang up the phone.

::turns to the reader::

Why do they do this to us? Why does this person do this to me? Normally I am rational and understanding, patient and loving. But today is NOT my day. My friend doesn't understand that if they'd just sit here, for a moment and help me with my stuggles, that I will do the same for them. Because I am juggling my life and their life on my shoulders. But they don't see that. Because...they are in need. Because they are selfish...ey? Maybe. But no matter what, I know deep inside that the love I have for my friend shall overpower this present day anger.

But today is my day n save the Heros for Later



Sincerely,


Tina

No comments: